In this Tutorial i will tell you how to install the Latest Version of XBMC 13.0 Gotham on Ubuntu 14.04 LTS / 13.10 / 12.04LTS , LinuxMint 15 / 14 and Elementary OS.
XBMC Media Center an open source and an award winning media player available for Linux operating systems and also available for other operating systems Windows , OS X.
XBMC allows you to play all popular audio & video formats like MP3,MP4,FLAC, WAV,WMA,OGG, AVI, MKV,MPEG-2,DIVX,XVID and etc..
This also provides support for Viewing our favorite TV shows and Digital Photos too.
New in XBMC 13.0 Gotham
- Improved Touchscreen Support
- Improved UPnP capabilities
- Android Hardware Decoding
- Raspberry Pi and Android speed improvements
- Stereoscopic 3D Rendering
- Dramatic Audio Engine Improvements
- Settings Improvements
- Making Subtitle Search Better
- Update to FFMPEG v1.2 which we use for audio/video playback
- Stereo audio can now be up-mixed to 5.1 and sent through optical/SPDIF devices
- Various visual changes throughout the skin which should improve usability and logic.
- Improve the handling of subtitle downloading and selection
- Extend and improve the User-interface Engine which developers use to create a variety of skins to be used.
- Drop of support for Windows XP.