In this Tutorial i will tell you how to install the Latest Version of KODI 16.1 Jarvis on Ubuntu 16.04 LTS/ and older versions 14.04 LTS / 12.04 , LinuxMint and Elementary OS.
Kodi formerly know as XBMC an open source and an award winning media player available for Linux operating systems and also available for other operating systems Windows , OS X.
This allows you to play all popular audio & video formats like MP3,MP4,FLAC, WAV,WMA,OGG, AVI, MKV,MPEG-2,DIVX,XVID and etc..
It will run on Linux, Android, Microsoft Windows, Mac OS X and iOS operating systems, supporting both 64-bit and 32-bit
This also provides support for Viewing our favorite TV shows and Digital Photos too.
Changelog & bugfixes
- Never cache addons directories
- Fix typo when calculating forced ratio size
- AndroidStorageProvider: Ignore /mnt/runtime and don’t call Exists all the way every some 500 ms as this will affect performance
- Set of fixes for DirectX rendering
- Fixed crash under JSON-RPC on iOS/OSX
- 20% performance gain on opening EPG guide window
- Add missing libgif.so to the Android package
- Fix Kodi freezing if no ADSP add-on is present
- EventServer security fix by only allowing localhost
- Fix possible lockup when entering EPG grid
- Fix possible problems with rendering on Windows
- Fix possible non working key presses after a key long press
- Don’t do a video chapter skip if there’s only one chapter
- Fix possible lock up by increasing timeout to let screensavers properly exit
- Fix render capture (bookmark images) on certain hardware with DXVA on Windows
- Fix problem in ZeroConfBrowser that could cause problems on exit
- Fix crash one OSX 10.7 when trying to resolve HDD names
- Fix possible crashes when using VAAPI and DXVA video rendering
- Fix song reported on playback of songs from cuesheet
Kodi 16.1 JARVIS available in its official PPA for Ubuntu / LinuxMint / ElementaryOS
Step 1 : Install the dependencies
sudo apt-get install python-software-properties pkg-config software-properties-commonStep 2: Add the Official PPA
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:team-xbmc/ppaStep 3:update the Repository
sudo apt-get updateStep 4: Install Kodi 16.1 Helix
sudo apt-get install kodi
Step 5 : Check the installed version by the follow command