In this tutorial i will show you how to install QuiteRSS 0.17.6 on Ubuntu 14.04 LTS / 14.10 / 12.04 LTS , LinuxMint and FEDORA 20 / 19.
QuiteRSS an open source ATOM / RSS News feed reader.The Main idea of QuiteRSS is to be fast and comfortable to the user.It is available for multiple operating systems Windows,Linux and MacOS.
Main Features of QuiteRSS
- Embedded browser (Webkit core) and Adblock supported
- Feed and news filters: new, unread, starred, deleted (for news until restart application) and also user filters available
- Enable/Disable images in news preview
- Minimize on system tray: on start, on close, on minimize
- Import/Export feeds (OPML-files)
- Portable version of RSS also available
- Progress bar button and shortcut for "Stop feeds updating"
- Storing the path of files being loaded
- Unique filename for files being loaded
- Ability to update disabled feed manually
- SL certificates checking at startup
- News filter. Labels assignment
- Unread category counter displaying
yum install quiterssInstallation steps for Ubuntu
Step 1:Add the official ppa provided by the quiteRSS Team
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:quiterss/quiterssStep 2: Update the Repository
sudo apt-get updateStep 3: Install QuiteRSS 0.17.6
sudo apt-get install quiterss