Wireshark an open source protocol analyzer software mainly used to monitor the traffic in a network ,recently version 2.0 released and available in the ubuntu 16.04 repository and it is easy to install via PPA
Wireshark got it's new interface in this version and it is written in QT5
New features in Wireshark 2.0
- An RTP player crash has been fixed.
- Flow graph issues have been fixed.
- A Follow Stream dialog crash has been fixed.
- An extcap crash has been fixed.
- A file merge crash has been fixed.
- A handle leak crash has been fixed.
- Several other crashes and usability issues have been fixed.
Step 1 : Add the official PPA
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:wireshark-dev/stableStep 2 : update the repository
sudo apt-get updateStep 3 : install wireshark 2.0
sudo apt-get install wireshark