Calibre is a free ebook library management application and an opensource application. It is available for multiple operating systems Linux,Windows and MacOSX application and it supports most popular ebook formats ebup,mobi and fb2.
In this tutorial i will show you how to install the latest version of Calibre 2.50.0 in Ubuntu 14.10LTS and LinuxMint.
The latest version of Calibre is 2.50.0 and released with new features and bugfixes
The following are Calibre features
- Library Management
- E-book conversion
- Downloading news from web and converting into ebook form
- Edit several ebook formats
Below are New features added in calibre 2.50.0 and new sources
- Change the way that devices are detected on Windows. This fixes device detection problems on some Windows 10 computers
- Edit Book: When inserting images, add an option to insert the image as a full page image
- DOCX Input: Add support for framed text created by setting the same border style on neighboring paragraphs.
- Update PocketBook 650 driver for latest firmware revision
New sources in 2.50.0
- New Scientist
- Scientific American
- Business World Magazine
- Houston Chronicle
There is no official PPA for Installing the Calibre in Linux distributions,just copy paste the below commands in terminal it will download and install it.
sudo -v && wget -nv -O- https://raw.githubusercontent.com/kovidgoyal/calibre/master/setup/linux-installer.py | sudo python -c "import sys; main=lambda:sys.stderr.write('Download failed\n'); exec(sys.stdin.read()); main()"