Atom is a free, cross-platform, and open-source graphical software that has been designed to act as a hackable text editor and programmer's editor application that helps developers to write code without too much hassle.
The latest version of Atom editor is 1.20.0 and recently released with list of the changes
- Added support for multiple git diff views.
- Git commits messages can now be edited in the main editor.
- Find in Project search results now include additional context lines.
- Added an API for observing dock visibility.
- Fixed middle-mouse button behavior when closing tabs on Linux.
- CSS autocomplete now supports PostCSS.
- Support has been added to bracket-matcher for code embedded in strings.
For UbuntuAtom editor can be installed via unofficial PPA or by the deb file provided by ATOM.
Via unofficial PPA
Step 1: Add the PPA
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:webupd8team/atomStep 2: update the repos
sudo apt-get updateStep 3: Install the atom editor 1.20.0
sudo apt-get install atom
Step 1: Download the deb file from the git page by using the below command