In this Tutorial, I will show you how to install Opera 48 on Ubuntu 17.04 / 16.04 LTS /14.04 LTS, LinuxMint 17, Fedora 26 and CentOS 6.X / 7.x.
Opera another most commonly used browsers in worldwide and it is developed by Opera software, they are having 291 million worldwide users in June 2015.
It is available for Linux, MacOS and Windows operating systems, recently Opera team released a new stable version 48 on Sep 27, 2017
What's New in this version?
- NA-62443 [Mac] Crash at -[CertificateTrustPanelBridge windowWillEnterFullScreen:]
- DNA-63736 [Mac] Unable to drag window by dragging the bottom part of tab bar
- DNA-63818 [Mac] Crash after clicking on Content blocked badge
- DNA-64176 IDS_IMPORTER_LOCK_*_SHORT is not properly parsed for ‘da’ language
- DNA-64245 Crash at v8::Context::Enter()
- DNA-64255 Fix interference of internal context menus with Experimental Web Features
- DNA-64297 Switch chanel for desktop-stable-61-2685 to Stable
- DNA-64322 Update credit files for desktop-stable-61-2685
More changes from Version 48
- Easier search
- Convert measurements, time zones and currencies
- Clean up unwanted suggestions
- O-Menu cleaned up
- Import bookmarks from Edge and Yandex
- Sharpening the view and preparing for the High Sierra update
- Engine updated
So how to install it?
For Debian based systems
Install it via Repository
Step 1: Add the Package list
sudo sh -c 'echo ""deb http://deb.opera.com/opera-stable/stable non-free" >> /etc/apt/sources.list.d/opera.list'Step 2: Download the opera key
wget -O - http://deb.opera.com/archive.key | sudo apt-key add -Step 3: Install Opera 48
apt-get install opera
Install it via deb file
Step 1: Download the deb file
wget https://download3.operacdn.com/pub/opera/desktop/48.0.2685.32/linux/opera-stable_48.0.2685.32_amd64.debStep 2: Install Opera48
dpkg -i opera-stable_48.0.2685.32_amd64.deb