In this Tutorial, I will tell you how to install the Latest Version of KODI 17.5 Krypton on Ubuntu 17.04 / 16.04 LTS and older versions, LinuxMint 17
About KodiKodi formerly knows as XBMC an open source and an award-winning media player available for Linux operating systems and also available for other operating systems Windows, OS X.
This allows you to play all popular audio & video formats like MP3, MP4, FLAC, WAV, WMA, OGG, AVI, MKV, MPEG-2, DIVX, XVID and etc..
It will run on Linux, Android, Microsoft Windows, Mac OS X and iOS operating systems, supporting both 64-bit and 32-bit
This also provides support for Viewing our favorite TV shows and Digital Photos too.
So What's New in this version?
- Joysticks: Fix accelerometers preventing screensaver
- More robust way of handling audio output on variety of Android devices
- Fix playback of DVD file over network on Linux
- Update to FFmpeg 3.1.11
- Fix up and down buttons on ir remotes with macOS High Sierra
- Added latest apple devices to allow retina support
- Fix not being able to add content manually to videolibrary
- Fix power message handling for CEC
- Fix jumping timeline while switching channel groups in Guide window